Storage Lease Agreement
Dundalk Self Storage
a division of Farmer Equipment Sales Ltd.
15 Bell Circle, PO Box 535
Dundalk, ON, N0C 1BO
Date:______________________ Tenant Name:___________________________________Storage unit #:______
Monthly Rent: $______________ plus HST of: $_____________ = Total: $______________
Start date:_____________ subsequent monthly payments will be due and processed on this day of each month
The Landlord agrees to lease, and the Tenant agrees to rent, the Storage Unit set out above located at 15 Bell Circle, Dundalk, Ontario (the "Premises), upon the terms and conditions set out in this Lease.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. RENT: The Tenant shall pay the Landlord , the monthly rent set out above. Rent must be paid in full each month and the Landlord does not accept partial payments of rent. Rent is due monthly, first months payment due immediately, subsequent payments will be processed automatically on the same day of each following month. Payments are to be made by CREDIT CARD ONLY, Visa, Master Card, or American Express and will be automatically reoccurring each month. $25 fee will be applied to your account if automatic reoccurring payment is declined. It is the tenants responsibility to confirm the credit card on file will accept each months charges and provide new card information or expiry dates prior to the due date. Monthly Rent is subject to change upon thirty (30) days notice by the Landlord.
Card Number:_______________________________________ Expiry date:________________
The storage tenant agrees to have automatically reoccurring payments charged to their credit card without receiving invoices, statements, demand or prior notices.
2. TERM AND TERMINATION: unless otherwise stated, this Lease is on a month-to-month basis. If the Tenant wishes to terminate, the Tenant must give at least ten (10) days advance notice of terminating the Lease. Upon vacating, the Tenant must remove the lock, leave the Storage Unit empty and in broom-swept condition. No items, garbage or refuse may be left in the Storage Unit or anywhere else on the Premises. The Tenant agrees to compensate the Landlord for the actual costs of cleaning and/or removing any items left behind. The Tenant agrees and expressly acknowledges that the Landlord may terminate this lease without notice and may re-enter the Storage Unit and dispose of the contents therein if rent is in arrears for a period of fifteen (15) days. This includes the selling of the stored goods pursuant to this Lease and/or the Repair and Storage Liens Act of Ontario.
3. CARE AND USE OF THE STORAGE UNIT AND PREMISES: The Tenant, its agents, employees, invites, and/or guests, shall maintain the Storage Unit in good condition, reasonable wear and tear excepted, and agrees to make no alterations to the Storage Unit without express consent being provided first by the Landlord. The Tenant shall keep the premises surrounding the Storage Unit clean from debris at all times. The Tenant shall not assign this Lease or sublet the Storage Unit. The Tenant shall not store or use gasoline, explosives, flammables, food items, toxic or hazardous materials in the Storage Unit. Appliances, vehicles and other motorized equipment must have no fluid leaks. Vehicle batteries must be disconnected during storage. The Tenant shall be responsible for the cost to repair any and all damage to the Storage Unit or the Premises caused by the Tenant, its agents, employees, invitees, and/or guests.
The Tenant agrees and expressly acknowledges that the Landlord is not engaged in the business of storing goods for hire and that no bailment is created under this Lease. The Landlord does not exercise care, custody, or control over the Tenant's property located in the Storage Unit and/or on the Premises and it is the sole and absolute responsibility of the Tenant to ensure that its property is stored safely and securely and that the Storage Unit is properly managed and maintained.
4. RELEASE OF LANDLORDS LIABILITY: ALL PROPERTY STORED WITHIN THE STORAGE UNIT, OR UPON THE PREMISES BY THE TENANT SHALL BE AT THE TENANT'S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE RISK. THE LANDLORD, ITS AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY TO THE TENANT, ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, INVITEES, AND/OR GUESTS, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY STORED IN THE STORAGE UNIT OR UPON THE PREMISES ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THEFT, DISAPPEARANCE, FIRE, WATER DAMAGE, RODENTS, ACTS OF GOD, OR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY PERSON WHOMSOEVER. THE TENANT EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THIS IS AN "AT YOUR OWN RISK ' SELF STORAGE" FACILITY. THE TENANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE Init. LANDLORD DOES NOT MONITOR THE SELF STORAGE UNITS OR PREMISES.
5. INDEMNIFICATION: The Tenant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Landlord, its agents and employees from all
claims, demands, actions or cause of action (including actual legal fees and costs) that are hereinafter asserted against the Landlord, its agents or employees and arising out of the Tenant's use of the Storage Unit and/or the Premises.
6. INSURANCE: At all times, the Tenant shall, at the Tenant's expense, maintain a policy of insurance in adequate amounts to properly insure all property stored in the Storage Unit and/or upon the Premises. The Tenant shall produce proof of such insurance to the Landlord upon request. Failure to maintain such insurance shall be deemed as a breach of this Lease. The Tenant assumes all risk of loss to their property and acknowledges that the Landlord does not insure the Tenant's property.
7. LOCKS: The Tenant agrees, at the Tenant's expense, to use a lock on the Storage Unit and keep the Storage Unit locked at all times when the Tenant is not present at the Premises. The Tenant acknowledges that the landlord recommends the use of a disc style padlock for maximum security. The combination locks used to secure empty Storage Units are not to be used by the Tenants. The Tenant agrees to replace the combination lock with there own lock, and return the combination lock to the Landlord by means of depositing it through the mail slot on the side of unit number one (1).
8. INSPECTIONS: The Tenant agrees and expressly acknowledges that the Landlord may enter the Tenants Storage Unit by way of cutting of the Tenants lock for the purpose of inspecting for hazardous items as outlined in Care and Use of The Storage Unit and Premises or in emergency situations.
9. MAINTENANCE: If the Storage Unit is in need of routine maintenance or repair the Landlord will make a reasonable attempt to contact the Tenant in advance to make arrangements to gain access. In cases where access for maintenance or repairs will require the Tenant to vacate the Storage Unit reasonable effort will be made to accommodate the Tenant in another Storage Unit. If this is not possible the Landlord reserves the right to terminate the Storage Lease Agreement and evict the Tenant.
10. RULES AND REGULATIONS: the Landlord shall have the right to establish, issue, and/or change Rules and Regulations for proper conduct and good order upon the premises. The Tenant agrees to comply with all such Rules and Regulations as now in effect, or as may be amended from time to time by the Landlord. The Tenant acknowledges receipt of a copy of the Rules and Regulations in effect as the date hereof.
11. GENERAL: This Lease shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the Province of Ontario.
If any provision of this Lease is held to be invalid or unenforceable, this Lease shall be considered amended to exclude any such invalid provision and the balance of the Lease shall be interpreted independently of the invalid provision(s) and shall remain in full force and effect.
The failure of the Landlord to enforce any covenant or other provision of this Lease shall not constitute a waiver of the Landlords right to do so thereafter, nor shall it give rise to any cause of action or defense on the part of the Tenant.
The payment, indemnity and release of liability provisions hereof shall survive the expiration or termination of this Lease.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Lease contains all of the understandings and agreements between the Landlord and Tenant with respect to the lease and rental of the Storage Unit and supersedes and replaces any prior oral or written agreements with respect thereto. Except as otherwise provided herein, the terms of this Lease may be modified or amended only in writing and only if signed by both the Landlord and the Tenant.
BY SIGNING BELOW THE TENANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREES TO BE BOUND TO THE TERMS AND CONDTIONS HEROF AND ACKNOWLEDGES HAVING RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS LEASE TOGETHER WITH A COPY OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS.
Tenant Address: _________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tenant Phone: ______________________________ Tenant email: _______________________________________________________
Alternate Contact: ______________________________________________________________________________________________